Want to make sure you don't miss out on exciting sneak peaks and launch notifications?
🔊 🔴 MUST READ: The Story of QUBIX 🔴 🔊
Scroll all the way to the bottom for the Shorter TLDR version.
We're a small group of travellers who understand the need to stay light and very organised, no matter how far or for how long you travel.
And we're passionate about coming up with solutions (hacks, if you will) that make our travels (and life) easier. ✈️✈️
You might already know that approximately this time last year we brought to Kickstarter Qubix 1 - the super strong double compression packing cubes we created as a solution to a problem we had struggled with for years: messy luggage that's been a pain to pack, unpack and manage throughout our travels.
Qubix 1 received so much ❤️❤️ and support from our backer community... It was unexpected, positively surprising and humbling all at once. 🙏
With over 5,700 people rallying behind our idea on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, we were determined to meet their expectations and got to work as soon as we received the 💰💰 pledged to the campaign.
We basically slept at our manufacturer's facility and supervised the entire production process before we packaged every single reward and shipped it out to our backers.
Although it was our very first experience producing something at such a big scale, we managed to overcome all the challenges of that process and delivered the rewards from both campaigns on time. Whew! 😅
Since then we shipped out over 30,000 cubes to our crowdfunding backers alone and served over 10,000 happy customers across the world. 🌎 🌍 🌏 We're secretly very proud of this, but we didn't rest on our laurels.
Requests to keep producing and selling Qubix have continued to pour in and we also keep receiving proposals from large distributors to include Qubix in their family of products.
But our main focus has always remained on our backers because without their support, Qubix would have never been created.
So rather than going wide (expanding the distribution of Qubix across as many channels as possible), we chose to go deep (listen to our backers' input and work to make their packing experience even easier than ever before).
We've had a damage and return rate of less than 0.5% (half a percent) and although it is (dare we say) a record low rate, we want to make sure that every single one of our backers is happy and proud to have supported our mission. Difficult? Yes! But not impossible! 💪💪
So... to make sure we are laser focused, we paused the expansion of Qubix 1 and started working on implementing all the feedback brought forth by our backers.
Among some of the most popular upgrades suggested were:
- Adding a handle to the compressions cubes for easy carry
- Doubled the functionality of the carrying handles to include the hook and hang system - meaning you will no longer have to unpack when you reach your destination - all you'll have to do is hook and hang, then unzip your cubes (even without releasing the compression) and have easy access to all your clothing in seconds.
- Compartmentalising the toiletry cube better to neatly fit all your travel essentials for short, medium and longer trips
- Adding an electronics cube that's small and compact yet spacious to fit the most common gadgets, chargers and cables you travel with
Adding our own voices to those of our backers', we also:
- Changed the fabric to ripstop nylon - extremely durable, water resistant and light weight.
- Redesigned the toiletry cube to include a tear-away waterproof compartment so you have the flexibility to pack as many or as little toiletries as you need for your trips + we added convenient hangers to both partitions so they can be used together or separately without losing functionality or convenience
- Doubled the size of the laundry bag yet made it fold tiny so you won't even notice it's there until you need it
- Increased the warranty period and made our replacement process quick and painless [i.e. if you experience any product failure, all you need to do is send us a clear picture and a quick description of the problem and we'll send you a replacement right away].
And so much more...
Having come this far, we're very excited to share Qubix 2 with you because you've contributed to making it what it is today. 🤝🤝
We learned very valuable lessons during the first campaign. It wasn't perfect but it left us so much better prepared to deliver an even greater packing solution than last year.
If you've been with us from the beginning of this journey, we really can't thank you enough! Qubix wouldn't have been possible without you and we are beyond grateful for your trust and support. 🤩🤩
If you're just joining us in this adventure, thank you for being here! We won't spare any effort towards giving you a family of packing cubes you can rely on for years to come.
We're just making the final preparations for the launch and will share with you some previews in the coming days.
Stay tuned and have an amazing day, wherever you are! 🌞🌞
Shorter TLDR Version
The first iteration of Qubix was launched in 2018 and received the support of over 5,700 backers
Over 10,000 happy customers and over 30,000 cubes delivered worldwide since then with a damage and return rate as low as 0.5% (half a percent)
The incredible feedback from our backers and customers helped us take the overall design and functionality to the next level - this is how Qubix 2 came to be
The most significant upgrades compared to version 1 include:
- Hook & hand system that eliminates the need to unpack, gives you easy access to your clothing and doubles as a carrying handle for convenience; 😍
- Super durable lightweight ripstop parachute nylon fabric now used for all Qubix 2 items;
- Compartmentalised toiletry cube that features a waterproof tear-away pouch you can even take with you in the shower;
- Doubled the size of the laundry bag yet made it fold tiny so you won't even know it's there until you need it;
- Versatile electronics cube added to the set; and so much more
Qubix 2 is launching on Kickstarter very soon
Stay tuned for more sneak peaks and the launch date announcement soon 😉